Chairman and Members
Mr. Gunasena Hewawitharana
Mr. Gunasena Hewawitharana has been appointed as the Chairman of Southern Provincial Public Service Commission on 18th March 2020.
- Post Graduate studies, Msc in public Administration (Post Graduate school of Administrative sciences – Speyer Germany 1982-1984)
- Special degree in public administration, University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka 1967-1971
- Diploma in personal Management (NIBM 1990-1991)
- Fellow tourism management – University of Hawaii, USA, 1992 UNDP/WTO project
- Health Training program – University of Boston USA – 1994 “Environment Management Training Program”
- Educational Management Experience sharing tours to Australia,south Korea,Singapore 1999
- Education Management Training Programme – Israel – 1996
Position Held :-
- General Manager(GM) Chilaw Plantations Ltd
- Chairman National Human Resources Development Council – 2009
- Consultant Highway Ministry of Kumagai Gummy Company Ltd, 2008 – 2009
- Chairman Inquiring Panel Social Welfare ministry 2007
- District Representative and Coordinator Galle District 2005 – 2006
- Government Agent/District Secretary, Galle 2001 – 2005
- Secretary, Chief Ministry of Southern Province 1989 – 2000
- Director of Social Services 1985 – 1989
- Assistant Commissioner of local Government – Matara District 1978 – 1982
- Assistant Secretary Ministry of Transport 1976 – 1978
Assistant Director Rural Institution in Agrarian Service Department 1974 – 1975
Mr.K.K.G.J.K.Siriwardana is an Attorney at law in profession. He is appointed as an unofficial magistrate and Justice of Peace since 1996. He is also a member of Board of review of the Agrarian Service Department.
Mr. Daya Witharana
Mr.D.W.Witarana is an Attorney-at-Law & Notary Public Un Official magistrate. 30 years experience in civil Courts
Mr. Srimal Wijesekara
Mr. Srimal Wijesekara is Attorney At Law & Notary Public Unofficial magistrate Justice of peace. More than 25 years as a practicing Lawyer.
Mr. Sunil Dahanayake
Educational Qualifications :-
- B.Com (special)
University of Sri Jayawardanapura – 1981
- M.A (Economics)
University of Ruhuna – 2012
- Diploma of public Financial Management – 2001Diploma in public Financial Management – 2001
- Licentiate Certificate of the institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka – 1981
- Qualified as Chartered public Finance Accountant (CPFA) – 2018
- Member of the Chartered Institute of public Finance Accountancy (London)
- Member of the Government Accountants service of Sri Lanka ( Special Grade)
Professional experiences and service record
- 36 years’ Public Service Under the Government Accountants Service of Sri Lanka 1982-2018
- Deputy Chief Secretary ( Financial Management) – 2010-2018 (Retired)
Mr. L.K. Ariyaratne
Mr. L.K. Ariyaratne – Sri Lanka Administrative Service – Class I
Graduated from University of Ceylon Colombo in 1971.
Obtained Diploma in English for professional from Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration.
Awarded the certificate of professional Development from Asian institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand in May – June 2005.
Joined the S.L.A.S. IN 02.05.1985.
A. G. A. /A. D. S. , Hikkaduwa, Niyagama, Balapitiya.
Divisional Secretary Ambalangoda, Balapitiya.
Provincial Commissioner of Co – operative Development & Registrar.
Was the member of Galle Heritage Foundation
Was the member of Agrarian Tribunal of Agrarian Development Department and the member of Panel of Review
Justice of Peace (Whole Island)
Mr. Munidasa Halpandeniya
Senior – Attorney – at – Law
B.A. Degree – University of Peradeniya
Attoney at – law (Final) Sri Lankan Law College
Diploma of Workers Education with first Class Honours
Worker’ Education Dept.Uni.of Peradeniya (1974/75-Batch top)
27 Years’ Experience as an Attorncy At – Law
Notary Public (Sinhala & English) & Commissioner for Oaths, JP-UM